Thursday, July 10, 2014



I am presently taking a course called Language Learning Through Technology.  With my lack of computer savvy, my brain is taxed with the demands of the course, and my thoughts are blank when I want to share the joy of knowing Christ in this blog. In an attempt to finish all of my course projects, I have let go of time with God, and I sense a void of His presence. Of course, He is with me, even when I don't acknowledge Him or spend time sharing my life with Him (Matthew 28:20). Yet, my emptiness needs filling that can only be quenched by the "fullness of Him who fills everything in every way" (Ephesians 1:23). I need Christ to fill my mental void so that I can express His peace and love in my thoughts and behavior.

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. 

See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ, you have been brought to fullness. (Colossians 2:6-10)

I want my life to be "rooted and built up in him." I ask Christ to strengthen my faith and fill me with thankfulness for the privilege of knowing and serving Him. Although I don't think my coursework has taken me captive with hollow and deceptive philosophy, it has filled my mind so that I have left no space for Christ. 

As I pray that Christ would pervade my emptiness, I pray also for you, dear reader, that you would "know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of the fullness of God." (Ephesians 3:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! Be sure to make note of the "Choose an identity" menu in order to choose your preferred comment pathway.