Friday, June 20, 2014

Running in Circles

Running in Circles

Our lives are so busy nowadays.  How do we keep up with all of the commotion, the blogs, e-mails, activities, work...that consume us?  We rush around in circles and have little energy left for quiet time.  Even our home life becomes a scuttle to complete chores and check them off. Are you so task oriented that you are unable to sit still and enjoy the beauty of summer?

How do we center ourselves in God when our minds dart to so many areas that require our attention? How do we learn to "be still" and ground our lives in the Lord (Psalm 46:10: Be still and know that I am God)?  Please tell me if you've figured this out! 

In Romans 12:2, we read, "do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." I can best renew my mind when I sit still and pray. This means finding a quiet place and sometimes forcing myself to be still before God.  When I can't figure out what to pray for, I tell God all that I am thankful for.  It is amazing how much calmer I become when I take the time to relate with God.


I ask you too to take time to be still before God and share your busy life and your gratefulness with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! Be sure to make note of the "Choose an identity" menu in order to choose your preferred comment pathway.