Monday, June 2, 2014

You may be a person who plans out your life years in advance. You've set clear objectives and neatly laid out how you expect things to run.  We need to remember that our plans are often quite different than the way reality plays out.  How do you react when roadblocks, changes, and delays alter your vision into the unexpected? If you're like me, you try to control the situation by actively doing things.  This keeps your mind occupied and makes you feel that you can somehow manipulate the unexpected.   Or, you may react passively and withdraw, filled with a sense of hopelessness.
Scripture reminds us that although our plans may change:

I the Lord do not change. (Malachi 3:6a, ESV)


and


Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8)

When life throws us curveballs, we can be comforted in the knowledge that God is with us:


Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)


What can we do with our frustration when things don't pan out as we had planned? We can learn and grow in faith through the experiences we face. We can embrace change, because it brings us into a closer relationship with God.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! Be sure to make note of the "Choose an identity" menu in order to choose your preferred comment pathway.