Thursday, July 24, 2014












As I was mulling over my week, making a list of all that I need to accomplish before my eldest son's wedding, I pondered this Scripture verse.  How often do I plan my week without leaning on God's understanding? Do I even acknowledge Christ when making my plans or worrying about how much needs to be accomplished? Whose understanding do I usually lean on?

In all honesty, I first trust my own ability to navigate through circumstances and get things done. When events don't go as planned and obstacles come in my way, I will then reach out to God for help and ask for His guidance. I realize how backwards this is in light of Proverbs 3:5.

Martin Luther, the great reformer, wrote, "Work, work from morning until late at night. In fact, I have so much to do that I shall have to spend the first three hours in prayer." Martin Luther found that time with God in prayer enabled him to get his work done. I too want to spend more time with God so that, without anxiety, I can be productive and give glory to Him.

I pray for you, dear reader, that you would trust in the Lord with all your hear. I ask you to lean not on your own understanding but to gain strength from time in the Word and in prayer and relationship with your Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! Be sure to make note of the "Choose an identity" menu in order to choose your preferred comment pathway.